Prep 15 minutes ? Cook 25 minutes ? Makes serves 4 ? Source Seriouseats.com
- 1 jalape?o pepper
- 1 cups cilantro leaves and sprigs, finely chopped
- 1 cups parsley leaves and sprigs, finely chopped
- 1 handful of oregano leaves
- 1 medium cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 3 tablespoons juice lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds skirt steak, flank steak or NY steak
Remove stem and seeds and slice jalape?os.
In a small food processor or blender, combine the jalape?os, cilantro, parsley, garlic, lime juice, red wine, olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Pulse (or blend) until the mixture is a coarse puree. Taste and adjust for salt and blend again.
If a grill is not already prepared, heat a grill pan over high heat. Rub the steaks with olive oil and season very generously with salt and pepper. Grill until medium rare, 2 to 4 minutes per side depending on thickness (center of steaks should register 125°F on an instant read thermometer). Remove to a plate and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes.
Slice the steak across the grain with the knife at a 45 degree angle. Arrange on a serving plate and spoon some chimichurri over the steak. Serve with the extra sauce.